Tuesday 25 November 2014

Sandwich Generation

Busy times at the moment, so not much time for blogging. Firstly my 92 year old Mum was admitted to hospital and is now waiting to go into a nursing home.
                         
                        

The day after I visited my Mum, I had to fly to Canberra as my daughter is unwell and I am needed to help with the grandchildren. The unexpected trip to Canberra means that I am here for my grandson's first birthday today.

                         

Apparently, we are the 'sandwich generation'.
Traditional - those sandwiched between aging parents who need care and/or help and their own children.
Club Sandwich - those in their 50s or 60s sandwiched between aging parents, adult children and grandchildren, or those in their 30s and 40s, with young children, aging parents and grandparents.
Open Faced - anyone else involved in elder care.

I know that my Mum is being well cared for and for now I am happy to help look after these gorgeous grandchildren.

                          


No comments:

Post a Comment