Sunday 21 June 2015

Countdown to Europe

After much researching, planning and lots of bookings, we only finalised our European trip this week. We leave on Tuesday and I am excited! 
I packed my backpack yesterday and it weighed in at 10.2kg. Thankfully, I have my packing down to a fine art these days, if we are going on a winter trip it's around 12kg and in summer, around 10kg. The decision to take my backpack over a wheeled suitcase was quite simple, we are travelling on a lot of trains and I find a backpack is better for getting on and off trains and up all those stairs at the European train stations.

                                           

All up, we will be away for 9 weeks, starting with a 14 hour flight to Dubai and because we haven't been to Dubai before, we have opted to stay 2 nights there. Then another flight to London, about 8 hours. Two nights in London and then we take the Eurostar train to Belgium. Then Germany, France, Spain, Portugal and Morocco.
We have booked walks with Greeters in London, Paris, Madrid and Bilbao and have already been contacted by Paul (London) and Bernard (Paris) who will show us around their city.
So stay tuned for the latest adventures!
    

5 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to many interesting posts. Wishing you lots of fun and safe home again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! I am looking forward to your adventures. What an ambitious trip you're taking. I hope you take lots of pictures to share. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there will be lots of photos DJan!

      Delete
  3. I'm sure you've already had some adventures by now but I wanted to wish you Bon Voyage. And looking forward to coming along via your blog! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete