Monday 29 September 2014

My Hometown Today

Today was a lovely warm day in Brisbane so I went for a walk into the city as we live close by. This is a view of the South Bank Parklands from the Victoria Bridge which leads into the city. South Bank would be the number one tourist attraction of Brisbane, there is so much to see and do there and it even has its own beach, the only inner city beach in Australia.
                                        
                             

Retirement has allowed me the time to become a volunteer (when I'm not travelling). I have three volunteer positions, one of them as a Brisbane Greeter which I thoroughly enjoy.
Brisbane Greeters is a free public service introducing tourists and locals to our beautiful city. My particular tour/walk usually takes around 3 hours and I love sharing my city with visitors and showing them places of interest that they wouldn't find on their own. If you ever find yourself in Brisbane, make sure you enjoy a Brisbane Greeters tour. Here I am showing some Malaysian visitors around.

                              

Another view of the city today from the other side of the Victoria Bridge. As you can see, a lovely day!

                              






No comments:

Post a Comment